This Discada recipe is made with pork, chorizo, bacon, pinto beans and is so hearty, delicious and filling.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, with its juices
- 4 pieces bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup soft chorizo, crumbled
- 4 chiles anchos, deseeded and destemmed
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 avocado, diced
- Make the sauce: Add water in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Add salt and add the chiles anchos, roma tomatoes, garlic cloves, and onion. This should boil for 15 minutes. When it is done, add everything in a blender and about 2 cups of the same water. Reserve for later.
- Meanwhile in a very large pan on medium high heat, brown the pork for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. We want to just sear it. Remove and set on a plate.
- Toss in the chorizo, minced garlic and bacon, stirring frequently until browned, about 8 minutes. Pour in the sauce and bring to a simmer. Return the pork and add the beans and it’s juices into the sauce. Add the pork, jalapeño, beans, cilantro, salt and pepper and cook in the sauce for about 30-40 minutes, until liquid has reduced. (Note: you may need to add some water or broth if you feel the liquid is too thick).
- Garnish with cubed avocado and cilantro.
You may need to add some water or broth if you feel the liquid is too thick.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican