This Chicken Arrabiata is made with bone-in chicken, onions, artichokes, Arrabiata sauce, and simmered into perfection.
- 1 whole chicken, cut in 10 pieces or 5 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can artichokes (strained and chopped)
- 3-5 cups arrabiata sauce
- 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb of cooked spaghetti (optional)
- In a large deep saucepan on medium heat, add the sliced onion until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Set the onion aside.
- Raise heat to medium high and add olive oil and brown the chicken for 8 minutes total, flipping once halfway. You can do this in batches. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Sprinkle the rosemary, two bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Add the artichokes and return the caramelized onions and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the arrabiatta sauce and cover for about one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley.
- In this recipe, we used a dutch oven but you can use a deep pan as long as it has a cover.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 H 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Dutch Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 220.2
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 441.5 mg
- Fat: 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 28.9 g
- Cholesterol: 114.8 mg
Keywords: Dutch Oven, Chicken, Raos, Raos Sauce