This Cheesy Jalapeño Braided Pastry is made with a sheet of puff pastry, fontal cheese, pickled jalapeños, butter, and baked to perfection.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, chilled not frozen
- 5 oz fontal Cello cheese, cut into slices
- 6-8 sliced pickled jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon melted salted butter
- 2 teaspoons everything but the bagel seasoning
- Optional: Sour cream, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the pastry sheet onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mark the pastry at 1 1/2” from both edges lengthways. Cut off two corners from the top and bottom (see video).
- Using a sharp knife cut slanting strips along both sides of the pastry.
- Spread a generous amount of sliced cheese down the center. Top the cheese with sliced jalapenos.
- Fold both ends at the top and bottom over the filling, to prevent any spilling. Braid the rest of the way down the bread. See video.
- Brush melted butter over the bread. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 380.1
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 211.0 mg
- Fat: 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.8 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 91.0 mg