These Caprese Skewers with Prosciutto and made with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and prosciutto and topped with balsamic glaze.
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 5 mozzarella pearls
- 5 basil leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 5 skewers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Take a skewer and with scissors, cut so the pointy end has about 4 inches left on it.
- Fold the prosciutto into a small square, and thread the prosciutto into the skewer.
- Next do the basil, then the mozzarella and finally the cherry tomato.
- Top with balsamic glaze.
- I used store bought balsamic glaze but you could make your own by boiling balsamic vinegar and brown sugar for 8 minutes.
- You will need to use a fresh mozzarella, specifically mozzarella di bufala. You can get the mini mozzarella balls. If they don’t have it, feel free to cut it into a smaller piece.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Italian