These Blackened Swordfish Steaks are made with swordfish steaks, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, a greased baking sheet, and broiled to perfection.
- Olive oil, for greasing baking sheet
- 4 skinless swordfish steaks
- Sea salt and pepper, as desired
- 2 teaspoons of Cajun spice blend or smoked paprika
- Preheat the broiler on high and place a rack 5 to 6 inches from the flame. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil.
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry with paper towel. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, then rub them all over with paprika or Cajun seasoning.
- Place the swordfish on the prepared baking sheet and broil without flipping for 6 minutes for rare (7 minutes for medium rare and 8 minutes for well-done). Serve immediately and enjoy!
Cooking the steak rare is the recommended way to eat it, just make sure you get fresh swordfish and nothing that has been previously frozen for best quality.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Broiling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg