This A&W Root Beer Float Recipe is made with vanilla ice cream, root beer, whipped cream and fresh or maraschino cherries.
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 ounces A&W root beer
- Whipped cream
- Garnish maraschino or fresh cherries
- Use a tall glass, preferably a float glass. Freeze your glasses prior to use for an extra frosty experience, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add the ice cream to the glass and pour the root beer in slowly at an angle to reduce fizz and risk of overflow.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Use cold ingredients: Make sure both the root beer and the ice cream are very cold. This will help keep the soda fizzy and prevent the ice cream from melting too quickly.
- Choose the right ice cream: Vanilla ice cream is the classic choice for a root beer float, but you can experiment with different flavors to find your favorite combination.
- Use a tall glass: A tall glass will help keep the soda and ice cream from overflowing. Chill the glass in the freezer beforehand for an extra refreshing treat.
- Add the soda slowly: Pour the root beer over the ice cream slowly to prevent it from foaming up and overflowing.
- Use a long spoon or straw: A long spoon or straw will help you reach the bottom of the glass and scoop up all the delicious ice cream and soda.
- Add toppings: Add a cherry on top or drizzle some chocolate sauce over the ice cream for an extra decadent treat.
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Drink
- Cuisine: American
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 19mg