This Vegan Chipotle Cheese Dip is made with cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, chipotle peppers, chili powder, paprika, and blended with hot water.
This is one of my favorite dips ever. It is similar to a queso but I personally like my queso thick and spicy – hence the name. My cheese-digesting powers have not been up to par lately, so I decided to try making this dip.
Fall is my favorite season ever. I walked into ShopRite and their limited edition chips were available. The Turkey and Stuffing flavor was completely sold out which was a bummer, but they still had their Bowl & Basket Wavy Chip Baby Back Ribs flavor. I decided, what would be a better way to eat these chips than a nice cheesy dip?
What you will need:
- Cashews: You should use raw cashews for a smoother texture. If you use roasted cashew, you’re essentially eating altered nut since it was removed from its shell, and that changes the texture.
- Garlic: I minced the garlic before adding into the blender for a nicer, finer taste.
- Nutritional Yeast: This ingredient is important because it gives the dip the cheesy flavor it needs. Nutritional yeast is a good source of vitamins, minerals and even prevent muscle loss.
- Spices: You can alter the amount of paprika and chili powder in the dip. For a more smoky flavor, add more paprika. For more heat, add chili powder.
- Chipotle pepper: Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in the ethnic food section of your grocery store. This will give the dip a lot of heat, and feel free to alter the amount.
- Hot water: The water must be hot to be able to blend thoroughly well. I put the water in a coffee mug and heated it up in the microwave for 2 minutes before mixing in.
How to make Vegan Chipotle Cheese Dip
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy, adding more hot water as needed to blend until creamy and smooth. I would use a high speed blender for this.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed adding more nutritional yeast for cheesiness, salt to taste, or chipotle for heat. If the consistency gets too thin, feel free to add more cashews and if its too thick, add more hot water.
Use potato chips to dip!