This Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is made with chicken, tomatoes, salsa verde, onion, garlic, rice, limes, cilantro and tortilla chips.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 5 chicken breasts, about one pound
- 1 can of 28 oz whole plum tomato, pureed in a blender
- 2 jars (16 oz) of salsa verde (I used Herdez brand)
- 1 cup of white rice, uncooked
- Juice of 2 limes
- Optional: 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- Serve with avocado and tortilla chips on top
- Using a pressure cooker, place the garlic, onion, chicken. Then pour 3 cups of water, the salsa verde, and the pureed tomatoes. Pour in the rice and add salt and pepper on the top. Squeeze in one lime. Lock the lid and cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and place on a plate and shred with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pressure cooker, squeeze another lime in. Garnish with cilantro if you wish. Top with avocado and tortilla chips.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 950 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 22 g