This Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe is made with pizza dough, pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, jalapeño and baked to perfection.
Are you tired of the same old pizza toppings and craving a little excitement in your life? Look no further than the tantalizing flavors of Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza. This fiery and savory combination will awaken your taste buds and take your pizza experience to a whole new level. Whether you're hosting a pizza party or simply looking to indulge in a flavorful treat, this recipe will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
The key to a perfect Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza lies in balance. The heat from the jalapeños should be balanced by the richness of the cheese and the salty goodness of the pepperoni. This harmonious blend creates a flavor profile that is both satisfying and addictive. The heat of the jalapeños adds an exciting element without overpowering the other ingredients, allowing you to enjoy every bite.
- What is Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza?
- Why you will love this recipe
- Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe Ingredients
- How to make Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza
- What to serve with Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza
- Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe Variations
- How to store Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza
- Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe Top tips
- Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- Food safety
What is Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza?
Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza is a delicious variation of the classic pepperoni pizza that incorporates jalapeño peppers for an added kick of spice. It typically features a traditional pizza base, such as a thin or thick crust, topped with zesty tomato sauce, a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese, slices of pepperoni, and sliced jalapeño peppers.
The combination of the spicy jalapeños with the savory pepperoni and cheese creates a flavorful and satisfying pizza experience. The heat from the jalapeños can vary depending on personal preference, and additional toppings like cherry tomatoes or fresh basil leaves can be added to enhance the taste.
Why you will love this recipe
- Spicy and Savory Combination: If you enjoy a little heat in your food, the combination of spicy jalapeños with savory pepperoni is a match made in pizza heaven. The spiciness of the jalapeños adds an exciting kick to the pizza, while the rich and flavorful pepperoni balances out the heat.
- Flavorful Twist on a Classic: Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza takes the classic pepperoni pizza to a new level by introducing a bold and vibrant flavor profile. The addition of jalapeños brings a distinct spiciness that adds depth and excitement to the pizza, making it stand out from traditional options.
- Customizable Heat Level: You have control over the level of spiciness in your Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza. Adjust the amount of jalapeños according to your personal preference, whether you prefer a milder heat or a fiery kick. This customization allows you to tailor the pizza to your liking and satisfy your specific cravings.
- Perfect Balance of Flavors: The combination of jalapeños, pepperoni, and cheese creates a perfect balance of flavors. The spiciness of the jalapeños is complemented by the rich and savory taste of the pepperoni, while the melted cheese adds a creamy and indulgent element. Each bite offers a harmonious blend of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe Ingredients
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
See recipe card for Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe quantities.
How to make Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza
Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the pizza dough package or to 425°F (220°C) if using homemade dough. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness. Transfer the rolled dough to a pizza stone or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
Sprinkle the shredded or fresh mozzarella cheese over the sauce, covering the entire pizza. Arrange the sliced pepperoni, jalapeño slices, and halved cherry tomatoes on top of the cheese. You can adjust the amount of jalapeños based on your desired level of spiciness. Season the pizza with salt and pepper according to your taste.
Lightly brush the crust with olive oil to help it brown and become crisp in the oven. Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden brown, and the crust is cooked through.
Once the pizza is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. This will help the cheese set and make it easier to slice. Slice the pizza into wedges or squares and serve hot. You can garnish with additional fresh basil leaves if desired.
What to serve with Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza
- Garlic Breadsticks: Serve freshly baked garlic breadsticks on the side. Their buttery and garlicky flavor pairs well with the spicy and savory pizza, and they are perfect for dipping into extra pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
- Caprese Salad: A refreshing Caprese salad made with ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves is a fantastic accompaniment. The coolness of the salad balances out the heat of the jalapeños and adds a burst of freshness to the meal.
- Caesar Salad: Another great salad option is a classic Caesar salad. The crisp romaine lettuce, creamy dressing, and Parmesan cheese provide a contrasting texture and flavor that complements the pizza.
- Antipasto Platter: Create an antipasto platter with an assortment of cured meats like salami and prosciutto, a variety of cheeses, marinated olives, roasted peppers, and breadsticks. This flavorful and diverse selection of appetizers pairs well with the bold flavors of the pizza.
- If you prefer a milder heat, you can substitute jalapeños with milder peppers like banana peppers or poblano peppers.
- For a different flavor profile, you can use serrano peppers for a spicier kick, or even chipotle peppers for a smoky and spicy twist.
- If you're not a fan of pepperoni, you can replace it with other cured meats such as sliced Italian sausage, cooked bacon, or salami.
- For a vegetarian option, you can use plant-based pepperoni or substitute it with sliced mushrooms or grilled vegetables like zucchini and bell peppers.
- While mozzarella cheese is commonly used on pizza, you can experiment with other cheese varieties like cheddar, provolone, or a blend of different cheeses for added flavor.
- If you prefer a dairy-free option, you can use vegan cheese alternatives made from plant-based ingredients.
- Cherry Tomatoes:
- If you don't have cherry tomatoes, you can substitute them with sliced regular tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes for an intense burst of flavor.
- Roasted red peppers can also be a tasty replacement for cherry tomatoes, adding a slightly sweet and smoky taste to the pizza.
- Pizza Sauce:
- Instead of traditional pizza sauce, you can try using pesto sauce for a different flavor profile. The combination of pesto, jalapeños, and other toppings creates a unique and delicious pizza experience.
- Alternatively, you can experiment with other sauces like buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, or a spicy tomato salsa for a zesty and tangy twist.
Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe Variations
- Jalapeño Bacon Pizza: A delicious twist on the classic with crispy bacon instead of pepperoni, adding a smoky and savory flavor.
- Jalapeño Veggie Pizza: A vegetarian option featuring a medley of colorful vegetables like bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and of course, jalapeños, for a flavorful and spicy experience.
- Jalapeño BBQ Chicken Pizza: Combine the tangy sweetness of barbecue sauce with juicy chicken, jalapeños, and melted cheese for a mouthwatering and slightly spicy barbecue-inspired pizza.
Check out my Pizza Margherita Napoletana.
- Oven: To bake the pizza, you will need a standard kitchen oven. Make sure it is preheated to the specified temperature in the recipe.
- Pizza Stone or Baking Sheet: A pizza stone or baking sheet is used to place the pizza on and ensure even heat distribution during baking. If using a baking sheet, line it with parchment paper or sprinkle it with cornmeal to prevent sticking.
- Rolling Pin: If you are making your own pizza dough, a rolling pin will be needed to roll out the dough into a desired thickness and shape.
- Pizza Peel: A pizza peel is a flat, paddle-like tool used to transfer the pizza into and out of the oven. It helps slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven.
- Pizza Cutter or Sharp Knife: Once the pizza is baked, a pizza cutter or sharp knife is used to slice the pizza into individual servings.
- Cutting Board: A cutting board provides a stable surface for slicing and preparing the toppings for your pizza.
- Mixing Bowls and Utensils: Mixing bowls and utensils like a spoon or whisk will be needed to prepare the pizza dough, sauce, and any additional toppings.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: To ensure accurate measurements for the ingredients, have measuring cups and spoons on hand.
How to store Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza
To store my Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe properly, follow these guidelines:
- Allow it to cool: Let the pizza cool down at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes after baking. This will prevent condensation from forming inside the storage container.
- Divide into portions: If you have leftover pizza, slice it into individual portions. This will make it easier to reheat and consume later.
- Refrigeration: Place the pizza slices in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the pizza for up to 3-4 days. The cold temperature will help to slow down the growth of bacteria and keep the pizza fresh.
- Freezing: If you want to store the pizza for a longer period, you can freeze it. Place the pizza slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Once frozen, transfer the slices to a freezer-safe container or wrap them tightly with freezer-safe plastic wrap. Frozen pizza can be stored for up to 2-3 months.
- Reheating: To enjoy the stored Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza, you can reheat it in the oven or microwave. For the best results, preheat the oven to around 350°F (175°C) and bake the pizza slices on a baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, you can microwave individual pizza slices for about 1-2 minutes on high, or until warmed to your liking.
Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe Top tips
- Use quality ingredients: Choose fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. Opt for good-quality pepperoni, fresh jalapeños, and high-grade cheese for a delicious pizza.
- Adjust jalapeño quantity: The spiciness of jalapeños can vary, so adjust the quantity according to your taste preferences. If you prefer milder heat, remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeños before slicing them.
- Precook pepperoni: If you like your pepperoni crispy, consider briefly cooking it in a skillet before adding it to the pizza. This will give it a delicious crunch when the pizza is baked.
- Don't overload the toppings: While it's tempting to pile on the toppings, be careful not to overload the pizza. Too many toppings can make the crust soggy and prevent even cooking. Keep the toppings balanced for the best texture and taste.
- Preheat the oven and pizza stone: For a crispy crust, make sure to preheat your oven and pizza stone (if using) before baking the pizza. This ensures that the dough gets a good initial heat and results in a nicely cooked crust.
- Use cornmeal or flour: Dusting the pizza peel or baking sheet with cornmeal or flour before placing the pizza on it helps prevent sticking and facilitates easy transfer to the oven.
- Experiment with cheese: While mozzarella is commonly used on pizza, feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. Try adding a bit of Parmesan, provolone, or cheddar to enhance the flavor profile.
- Let the pizza rest before slicing: After baking, allow the pizza to rest for a few minutes before slicing. This helps the cheese and toppings settle, making it easier to cut and reducing the risk of burning yourself.
- Customize and get creative: Don't be afraid to customize your Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza to suit your taste. Add extra ingredients like sliced onions, bell peppers, or even pineapple for a personalized touch.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove