This Pork Loin in Air Fryer is made with a homemade rub for the tenderloin and air frying so its crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
This pork tenderloin has the crispiest crust and loaded with spices. Thanks to the air fryer, you only need to cook it for 20 minutes. It is a great for meal prepping and having them as left overs. It is hearty, rich and delicious. If you have never made pork tenderloin before, this is a great beginners recipes and you don’t need must experience cooking. I love making this for family dinners. You can substitute the brown sugar with erythritol for a keto alternative.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Pork Tenderloin
- Brown sugar
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Ground cayenne
- Olive oil
See recipe card for Pork Loin in Air Fryer quantities.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Trim the pork tenderloin of any fat. Coat the pork tenderloin with olive oil. Rub the spice mixture on the entire pork tenderloin.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Add the tenderloin into the air fryer and air fry for 20 minutes, until the internal temperature is 145°F.
Take the pork tenderloin out and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Pork tenderloin: The pork tenderloin is essential for this recipe. If you happen to have beef tenderloin, you can use that instead and air fry for 15 minutes instead.
Brown sugar: If you would rather not use sugar you can use equal parts honey or maple syrup. If you want the recipe to be keto, use equal parts erythritol.
Paprika: I love paprika but if you have chili powder, that will work too.
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes into the rub, or add some hot sauce at the end.
- Deluxe - make a tzatziki sauce for dipping.
- Kid friendly - make a sandwich out of it and add some ketchup!
If you have some leftovers, you should shred the pork and make these Pork Birria Tacos. Just start at step number 4.
This will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, or frozen for up to three months.
It is so easy to overcook the pork tenderloin in the air fryer. I would let it rest and use a meat thermometer after to check if it has reached 145°F. If you want it cooked more, keep adding three minutes until your desired doneness.Print
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove