This is an easy Chicken Parmesan using marinara sauce, chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, parmesan and lots of mozzarella.
- 3 large chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make fillets
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 cups Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup light olive oil, for frying
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce, I recommend Rao’s brand
- 1 fresh ball of mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the flour into a shallow plate. In a bowl, add the two eggs and whisk. In another shallow plate, add the breadcrumbs, along with the parmesan, salt, pepper and mix. Dredge the chicken in the flour on both sides, dip the chicken into the eggs, and then toss in the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large heavy skillet, add the olive oil and wait for it to shimmer. Add the chicken and brown on both sides, around 3-4 minutes. You do not need to cook the chicken all the way through as we will be baking it in the oven. You may need to fry in batches. Lay the chicken on a plate lined with paper towels. Pat dry.
- Spray a baking dish or a cast iron skillet with non-stick spray and add the chicken. Pour your favorite sauce over the chicken and place the sliced mozzarella evenly on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with basil.
- Make sure to watch the cheese melt the oven closely.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 203.5
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 616.1 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 13.8 g
- Cholesterol: 42.0 mg