This Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake is made with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, shallots, garlic, lemon zest, tuna, and rigatoni pasta.
I needed to try this TikTok Feta pasta trend so I decided to add a twist to it with tuna. Canned tuna is so underrated - they’re inexpensive, require no cooking, and are packed with protein. It is super easy to add this tuna to the amazing Tiktok Feta Pasta dish.
What you will need
- Feta Cheese: I would get Greek feta which is briny, tangy and sharp. You must get the block as getting the already crumble cheese won’t melt well.
- Tomatoes: You can use cherry or grape tomatoes that are small and burst perfectly.
- Shallot: I used a shallot but you can use a ¼ cup onion, finely diced.
- Garlic: You can smash the garlic or mince it.
- Olive Oil: I would use extra virgin olive oil for best quality and taste.
- Tuna: I went for a better brand of tuna than usual with larger chunks of tuna. You can also use the “chunk light” tuna, which is more shredded and flakier – either canned tuna works!
- Pasta: I used rigatoni but you can use any bite size pasta.
How to make Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large ovenproof making dish, place the feta in the center of the dish and add the tomatoes, shallot garlic, and olive oil around. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pasta instructions.
Add the cooked pasta and tuna and stir.
Add parmesan cheese on top or even extra crumbled feta cheese.