These Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is made with chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and your favorite hot sauce.
I recently bought an air fryer and you know everyone around me heard I got one. You can’t buy an air fryer and not tell everyone you got one, right? After all, it’s healthy frying! You can make this cauliflower in the oven as well – the instructions are in the notes section of the recipe card. Cauliflower has a ton of benefits like supporting a healthy heart and brain, rich in sulforaphane, supports a good hormonal balance and immune system.
I used to love going to the local dive bar in NYC and eating chicken wings, watch gator football and wash it down with my favorite beer. I absolutely love buffalo everything – buffalo chicken sandwich or wrap, buffalo chicken dip, and now buffalo cauliflower. Buffalo Cauliflower definitely has less calories
- Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- Dips to Pair with Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- How to Serve Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- What to enjoy with air fryer buffalo cauliflower
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Variations
- How to store Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Top tips
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- Food safety
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- Healthier option: By using an air fryer, you can achieve the crispy texture of fried food without all the added fat and calories. Cauliflower is also a nutritious vegetable that's low in carbs and high in fiber and vitamins.
- Delicious flavor: The combination of buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and smoked paprika gives the cauliflower a delicious and savory flavor that's hard to resist.
- Easy to make: Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is a simple recipe that requires only a few ingredients and minimal prep time. It's a great option for a quick and easy appetizer or side dish.
- Versatile: This recipe is easily customizable and can be adjusted to your taste preferences. You can use different spices or sauces to change up the flavor, or even try different vegetables such as broccoli or Brussels sprouts.
- Perfect for entertaining: Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is a crowd-pleaser and makes a great party appetizer or snack. You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a large group.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Olive oil
- Hot Sauce
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Ranch of Blue cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
Put the cauliflower in a large bowl and throw in the olive oil, hot sauce, chili powder, pepper, onion powder, and salt and toss. In another bowl, add the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese.
Using the hot sauce mixture as glue, toss the cauliflower in the sauce, then coat with the parmesan-bread crumbs, and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest.
Air fry at 350˚F for 15 minutes, shaking a couple times during the cooking process. Cauliflower is done when the florets are a bit browned, but not mushy.
Serve with ranch or blue cheese.
Dips to Pair with Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
There are several dips that pair well with Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings.
- Ranch dressing: A classic dip that pairs well with the spicy buffalo flavor.
- Blue cheese dressing: Another classic dip that complements the spicy buffalo flavor and adds a tangy kick.
- Avocado dip: A creamy and delicious dip that's packed with healthy fats and pairs well with the spicy flavor of the cauliflower wings.
- Garlic aioli: A garlicky dip that adds a rich and savory flavor to the cauliflower wings.
- Hummus: A healthy dip that's packed with protein and pairs well with the crispy texture of the cauliflower.
- Salsa: A fresh and flavorful dip that adds a refreshing contrast to the spicy buffalo flavor.
- Guacamole: A creamy and delicious dip that's packed with healthy fats and adds a tangy kick to the cauliflower wings.
How to Serve Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites can be served in many different ways.
- Appetizer: Buffalo Cauliflower Bites make a great appetizer or snack. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch or blue cheese dressing, and some celery sticks on the side.
- Salad: Add Buffalo Cauliflower Bites to a salad for an extra burst of flavor and crunch. They pair well with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions.
- Tacos: Use Buffalo Cauliflower Bites as a filling for tacos. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, and a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Sandwiches: Add Buffalo Cauliflower Bites to a sandwich or wrap for a spicy and flavorful twist. They pair well with avocado, bacon, and a creamy dressing.
- Bowl: Create a bowl with Buffalo Cauliflower Bites as the main protein source. Add quinoa, roasted vegetables, and your favorite dressing for a filling and nutritious meal.
What to enjoy with air fryer buffalo cauliflower
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites make a delicious and versatile snack or meal.
- Celery sticks: Serve Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with fresh celery sticks for a classic and refreshing pairing.
- Carrots and cucumber: Add some sliced carrots and cucumbers to the plate for a colorful and healthy snack.
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing: Serve Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with your favorite creamy dipping sauce, such as blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Beer: Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are a great pairing with beer, especially a hoppy IPA or a refreshing lager.
Hot Sauce: I used frank’s hot sauce since I had it on hand, although I know Cholula or Crystal works well too. If you have a low spice tolerance, you can opt to using wing sauce.
Oil: I love using olive oil, but you could use vegetable oil, avocado oil, or sunflower oil.
Cauliflower: I bought a fresh head of cauliflower and cut it myself into florets.
Bread crumbs: I used panko bread crumbs for this recipe and they will always be my favorite when it comes to crusted cauliflower. You can use Italian breadcrumbs if you prefer.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Variations
- Spicy: If you like things hot, add extra hot sauce to the cauliflower before air frying. You could also sprinkle red pepper flakes over the top for an extra kick.
- Garlic Parmesan: Toss the cooked cauliflower with minced garlic and grated parmesan cheese for a flavorful and savory variation.
- Honey Mustard: Mix honey and dijon mustard together and drizzle it over the cooked cauliflower for a sweet and tangy twist.
- Barbecue: Toss the cooked cauliflower with your favorite barbecue sauce for a smoky and tangy flavor.
- Ranch: Drizzle ranch dressing over the cooked cauliflower for a creamy and cool twist.
- Asian-inspired: Toss the cooked cauliflower with soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes for an umami-packed flavor.
- Mediterranean: Toss the cooked cauliflower with olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano for a zesty and fresh Mediterranean twist.
- Mexican: Try my Mexican Cauliflower Elote for a street style corn but instead using Cauliflower.
- Air Fryer: An air fryer is a must-have appliance for this recipe. It allows you to cook the cauliflower to perfection with a crispy texture without the need for oil.
- Mixing bowl: A large mixing bowl is needed to toss the cauliflower with the buffalo sauce and spices.
- Whisk: You will need a whisk to combine the hot sauce, melted butter, and seasonings for the buffalo sauce.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Accurately measuring the ingredients is crucial for the success of the recipe.
- Tongs: You will need tongs to transfer the cauliflower to and from the air fryer and to give it a quick toss during the cooking process.
- Baking sheet (optional): If you want to keep the cooked cauliflower warm while you air fry the remaining batches, you can place it on a baking sheet in the oven set to a low temperature.
How to store Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
If you have any leftovers of Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The cauliflower will keep well for up to 3-4 days. When you're ready to reheat, preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through and crispy.
If you want to freeze the cauliflower, transfer it to a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To reheat frozen Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower, preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through and crispy.
Note that the texture of the cauliflower may change slightly after freezing, but it will still be delicious. To prevent sogginess, it's best to reheat frozen cauliflower in an air fryer rather than in a microwave.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Top tips
- Cut the cauliflower into similar-sized pieces: This ensures even cooking and prevents some pieces from becoming too crispy or too soft.
- Dry the cauliflower well: Use paper towels to pat dry the cauliflower after washing it. Excess moisture can prevent the cauliflower from getting crispy in the air fryer.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket: Overcrowding the basket can result in uneven cooking and can prevent the cauliflower from getting crispy. Cook the cauliflower in batches if necessary.
- Shake the basket: During the cooking process, shake the air fryer basket a few times to ensure that the cauliflower is cooking evenly on all sides.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste: Taste the buffalo sauce before tossing it with the cauliflower and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve immediately: Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is best served immediately when it's still hot and crispy.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove